Housing options in Norwich

There is limited social housing to rent in Norwich and far more households are seeking homes than there are homes available.
Depending on your circumstances, it may be realistic to think about alternative options, like renting privately; finding shared housing, lodgings or supported accommodation; or staying at home longer than intended. We can give you advice and support to help you decide which housing option is right for you.
If you wish to discuss your housing options or apply for council housing in Norwich, please contact us in person at City Hall or by calling on 0344 980 3333. This will enable us to discuss and assess your housing needs and wants (what you want or wish for in a home is not the same as a need) and to examine the housing options available to you.
Due to the small amount of social housing and the large number of applicants you are unlikely to be housed through the housing register if you already have a suitable home.
If you already have a tenancy with a housing association or a council, finding a mutual exchange (someone to swap with) would be the best way to move. Ask your landlord for more advice.
It is important to understand that deliberately making your housing situation worse, giving false information or failing to provide relevant information will affect your housing application. The council will take action against anyone making fraudulent claims to secure housing. 

Useful links 


 Useful Links