Influencing the council’s services
As a tenant of Norwich City Council, there are a variety of opportunities available for you to get involved in shaping the housing services you receive.
Perhaps you've seen our poster highlighting some of these opportunities and got in touch with us as a result?
Norwich City Council pride ourselves on putting our tenants at the heart of housing matters. We work closely with three panels of volunteers to
ensure that tenants influence our service standards, scrutinise our performance
and ensure value for money.
- Tenant involvement panel
- The tenant involvement panel (TIP) considers housing policy and finance issues, including reviewing housing publications and considering rent and budget setting.
TIP Terms of Reference
- Tenant scrutiny panel
- The tenant scrutiny panel (TSP) scrutinises the housing services performance, influencing the setting and monitoring of targets and performance indicators.
TSP Terms of Reference
- The sheltered housing involvement panel
- The sheltered housing involvement panel (SHIP) considers sheltered housing policies and procedures
and make recommendations for the benefit of all sheltered housing tenants to
ensure continuous improvement to services provided by the council as a
SHIP Terms of Reference
To find out more about any of these opportunities, please contact the tenant involvement team by emailing email@example.com
or by calling the customer contact team on 0344 980 3333.
Annual review group
annual review group (ARG) exists to review the work of the three tenant panels. It
is made up of the following six members:
tenant representative from the tenant involvement panel (TIP)
- One tenant representative from the tenant scrutiny panel (TSP)
tenant representative from the Sheltered Housing Involvement Panel (SHIP)
member for housing
- Shadow cabinet for housing
- ARG Terms of Reference
reviews reports from the three tenant involvement panels.
The ARG also reviews the annual work plans of the tenant panels
including any alleged breaches of the code of conduct.
Click here to download the Norwich City Council tenant panels code of conduct (63 Kb pdf)
There are lots of ways of getting involved, either as an individual or part of a group. Some of these are listed below:
You can also fill in the tenant involvement postcard and email it to the address below.