Planning - Applications and appeals received

Problems with Planning Public Access website

You may experience intermittent problems accessing Planning Public Access. We are currently investigating this so if an error message appears on your screen please try again later.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.


Search for planning applications online

Public Access logo
Our Planning Public Access system allows you to view application, appeal and enforcement case information and documentation and allows registered users to track applications (to receive automatic email updates of progress), make comments, save searches and more.
Latest Applications Received
You can access a list of applications validated (and decided) by week (or by month) on our Planning Public Access system by selecting the Weekly/Monthly Lists tab.
The online lists are updated in real time. The validation of some applications can take longer to administer than others and those applications may take longer to appear on the list. Therefore, to achieve the most accurate results, it is advisable that you view the weekly lists for the last two weeks (or further), and view them more frequently.
If you have a particular interest in a specific type of application or a specific address or geographic area (such as a ward), you may find the Saved Searches function more beneficial than the Weekly/Monthly List function. Saved Searches can be set to notify you automatically by email of new results that meet the saved search criteria.
For more details on Saved Searches and other ways to find the planning information you need online, download the Planning Public Access User Guide (561Kb pdf).
If you need any further help using the site, please contact planning services by telephone 01603 212092 or by email
By accessing the Planning Public Access website you are indicating that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms and conditions.
Latest Appeals Received
You can access appeals information and produce lists of appeals on our Planning Public Access system by selecting the Advanced Search tab, clicking the Appeals button and entering your search criteria.
You can view documentation associated with an appeal by selecting the Related Items tab, the Planning Applications button, the Documents tab and the View Associated Documents button.
Other appeal information can be found on the Planning Portal.
How to object to or support an application
Comments on or objections to applications should be made in writing:

Please quote the application reference number in all correspondence. 

Please be aware that your comments (including your name and address) will be available as public information in hard copy at City Hall and online on the Planning Public Access system. Therefore, you may choose to provide your comments as an attachment if corresponding by email and exclude your signature from any correspondence.
The council reserves the right not to publish or take into account any letters of representation which we believe are defamatory, offensive or racist.
We try to take all comments into consideration regarding the determination of applications. However, comments on or objections to applications should be lodged within a specific timeframe. This timeframe varies for each application so you will need to check the expiry date for neighbour consultations, the expiry date for latest site notice and the expiry date for latest advertisement – the latest of those dates will be the date by which comments should be received. The dates are available on the Planning Public Access system by searching for the application and clicking the Important Dates button in the Details tab.
Please note: for comments relating to a householder application: in the event of an appeal against a refusal of planning permission, which is to be dealt with on the basis of representations in writing, any representations made about this application will be sent to the Secretary of State and there will be no further opportunity to comment at appeal stage. Any person wishing to make representations in respect of a non-householder appeal may do so in writing to the Secretary of State.