If you are a car park user and hold a blue badge, you will get an hour's free parking for every hour you buy. For example if you are buying four hours you can park there free for the rest of the day. Click for details.
Parking concessions for people with severe mobility difficulties travelling as drivers or passengers are provided through the Blue Badge Scheme. Spaces that are available under the scheme are clearly marked with the blue symbol.
The Blue Badge Scheme is a National and European scheme and in Norwich is administered by Norfolk County Council social services.
For more information about the scheme and how to obtain a blue badge call 0344 800 8015 or go to the blue badge page on the Norfolk County Council website.
Location of blue disabled badge spaces
Below is a list of the dedicated blue disabled spaces available in Norwich city centre:
- 5 on Brigg Street (in pedestrianised area outside Debenhams) *
- 2 on Cathedral Street
- 9 on Theatre Street (opposite the Assembly House)
- 2 on Ber Street (opposite John Lewis)
- 1 on King Street (by the side of Anglia TV)
- 2 on St. Georges Street (near the Playhouse Theatre in front of Merchants Court)
- 3 on Opie Street
- 5 on Gentleman's Walk (next to the market) *
- 2 on Gentleman's Walk (outside Halifax Building Society) *
- 1 on Tombland
- 2 on Bank Street
- 2 on Mandela Close
- 3 on Surrey Street
- 3 on St. Stephens Street
- 1 on Cowgate
- 2 on St. Benedicts Street
- 4 on Bethel Street
- 1 on Bank Plain
- 2 on Princes Street
- 3 on London Street (in pedestrianised area opposite Jarrold) *
- 4 on All Saints Green.
* Parking spaces on Brigg Street, London Street and Gentlemans Walk have a four hour maximum waiting time limit on them to deter parking all day. All other disabled spaces are not time limited.
Where else can you park in Norwich?
Check our handy parking planner
to find where city centre car parks and shopmobility are located.
Free car parking
Holders of the blue badge may currently park free of charge on the following city council public car parks only.
|Barn Road car park, St Swithins Road
|Colegate car park, Golden Dog Lane
|Monastery Court car park, Elm Hill
|Queens Road car park, Queens Road
|Rose Lane car park, entrance on Mountergate
|St Crispins Road car park, Chatham Street
|Westwick Street car park, Westwick Street
A valid badge and clock must be clearly displayed in your vehicle.
Charges at other car parks
At all other city council public car parks normal charges apply to blue badge holders.
Click here for car park charges.
An hour's free parking for every hour you buy
If you are a car park user and hold a blue badge, you will get an hour's free parking for every hour you buy. For example if you are buying four hours you can park there free for the rest of the day.
- For pay and display car parks: The free additional time extends beyond the expiry time shown on the ticket.
- For multi-storey car parks: Please take your ticket to the kiosk for validation, prior to departure.
Allocated spaces with level access are available in St Andrews and St Giles multi-storey car parks. Normal charges apply.
Scheme for blue badge holders unable to use the payment machines
If you are a blue badge holder travelling alone and unable to use the wheelchair height payment machines because of your disability, this scheme will allow you to park at any of our car parks listed below without having to display a pay and display ticket. A valid blue badge permit and time clock must be clearly visible in your vehicle and within two working days you will need to provide us with details of your car parking stay in order for us to invoice you.
The scheme operates in the following car parks:
To register for this scheme
To register, please tell us your vehicle registration and billing address either by calling our customer contact team on 0344 980 3333 or emailing the details to email@example.com
Once you are registered on the scheme the council enforcement officers will not issue a penalty charge notice (PCN) to your vehicle if you do not display a valid pay and display ticket. You must however inform us of your parking details within two working days of parking.
If you are not registered on the scheme and your vehicle has been issued with a PCN, as a result of you not being able to use the ticket machine due to your disability, the council will cancel it if you qualify for the scheme and provide your parking details within two working days of parking.
If you are registering for this scheme it does not mean that you are booking a parking space, as we are unable to guarantee you a space.
Tell us your parking details
Within two working days of parking, please provide us with the following information:
- which of the car parks above you have used
- the date you parked
- the time you parked
- duration of stay
- your vehicle registration
- your billing address
- your valid blue badge number.
You can either email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 980 3333 and select the following options:
Option 6 - for other enquiries, and then
Option 1 - for parking, and give your parking details to one of our customer contact advisors.
Invoices based on the parking charges in force at the car park at the time of parking will be sent out to your billing address at the end of each month.
On street blue badge parking permissions and restrictions
- on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours if displaying a time clock, provided they do not cause an obstruction, road safety hazard, or where there is a loading ban in operation
- in permit bays for up to three hours (using your clock)
- in pay and display bays, at no charge without restriction on length of stay
- in limited waiting bays without restriction on length of stay
- in loading bays, but must comply with the waiting restriction, i.e. active loading and unloading for the time limit as signed in that bay.
Norwich Shopmobility offers the hire of scooters or electric and manual wheelchairs with convenient disabled parking nearby; more details are available from the shopping centre websites at Chapelfield and The Mall.Chapelfield
Garages and lockable parking bays
Disabled Living Foundation
Match day travel (Norwich City FC)
Pay & display/multi-storey car parks