From 4 April 2022 there is an addition to the licence application requirements. You’ll need to complete a tax check with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you’re:
- renewing a licence
- applying for the same type of licence you previously held, that ceased being valid less than a year ago
- applying for the same type of licence you already hold with another licensing authority
You will need to set up a Government Gateway user ID and password and complete a tax check and obtain the tax check code to give to us. To find out what you need to do please visit:
We cannot proceed with your application or renewal until the tax check is completed and we have received the tax check code. Please note, we only receive confirmation that you have completed the check with HMRC and we do not have access to information about your tax affairs.
You will need an operator’s licence if you accept bookings for private hire vehicles.
The licence is valid for five years.
We will remind you, in writing, to renew your licence before it expires.
How to apply
To make a new application for an operator's licence you need to:
1. Download the operator's application form
2. Send the completed application form with a cheque for the correct fee to:
St Peters Street
Please make your cheque payable to Norwich City Council.
If you do not complete the form correctly, we cannot accept your application.
3. When we have received your application we will check with the planning team to see if planning permission is required before getting back to you and granting you a licence.
If you have any questions about completing the application form, email email@example.com or call 01603 989400.