Use the form to make a referral for help with home improvements, disabled adaptations, emergency works and a cold home.
Under our Healthy Homes initiative, our home improvement service offers a range of support to enable residents of Norwich to remain living in a warm home that is safe and secure which benefits their health.
Services available include:
- Help with minor adaptations, especially if you or someone you care for is suffering with dementia eg changing the colour of things around the home to make furniture and items clearer to identify or locate, or installing extra lighting.
- Help with larger adaptations, repairs or home improvements (eg treating damp, adding ramps or stair lifts, emergency repairs): we can help assess what works are needed, refer work to our approved list of building contractors and supervise work to ensure it is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Help with odd jobs and small scale repairs via our Handyperson service (over 65s only).
- Help with applying for grants or funding to make your home healthier or warmer (disabled adaptations grants, safe at home grants, hospital discharge grants, home improvement loans).
- Help with reducing your energy bill costs through the Big Switch and Save scheme.
- Help with accident prevention measures for households with children under the age of five.
- Financial and energy saving advice, insulation measures, boiler checks, emergency radiators, loft clearance.
- Support to look at alternative housing options if you want to consider moving to more suitable accommodation.
- Signposting or referring you to other agencies to access welfare benefits, concessions or other support or advocacy services.
- The team can also help with poor housing conditions which can become a threat to a person's health, safety or recovery.
Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with personal information.