Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Online forms: Healthy homes referral form

Use the form to make a referral for help with home improvements, disabled adaptations, emergency works and a cold home.

Under our Healthy Homes initiative, our home improvement service offers a range of support to enable residents of Norwich to remain living in a warm home that is safe and secure which benefits their health.

Services available include:

  • Help with minor adaptations, especially if you or someone you care for is suffering with dementia eg changing the colour of things around the home to make furniture and items clearer to identify or locate, or installing extra lighting.
  • Help with larger adaptations, repairs or home improvements (eg treating damp, adding ramps or stair lifts, emergency repairs): we can help assess what works are needed, refer work to our approved list of building contractors and supervise work to ensure it is completed to a satisfactory standard.
  • Help with odd jobs and small scale repairs via our Handyperson service (over 65s only).
  • Help with applying for grants or funding to make your home healthier or warmer (disabled adaptations grants, safe at home grants, hospital discharge grants, home improvement loans).
  • Help with reducing your energy bill costs through the Big Switch and Save scheme.
  • Help with accident prevention measures for households with children under the age of five.
  • Financial and energy saving advice, insulation measures, boiler checks, emergency radiators, loft clearance.
  • Support to look at alternative housing options if you want to consider moving to more suitable accommodation.
  • Signposting or referring you to other agencies to access welfare benefits, concessions or other support or advocacy services.
  • The team can also help with poor housing conditions which can become a threat to a person's health, safety or recovery. 

Privacy Notice

About us
Norwich City Council is the data controller for private sector housing and we have a legal obligation to process your personal information. You may contact our data protection and information security officer by emailing  or by telephoning 0344 980 3333.

What we do with your data
We use the information you give us to provide advice and guidance, assessments, services, support, safeguarding and for taking enforcement action. We intend to keep your information for seven years from last contact with you, as stated in our Retention Schedule available on our website.

What are your rights?
Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to your personal information to:

  • ask for errors to be corrected
  • restrict how your information is used
  • object to how it is processed
  • request that your data is deleted.

You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office if you are not happy with how your data is processed.

What are the consequences of not providing data?
We may not be able to provide a service, and in the case of information that has been required as a result of enforcement activity, you may be liable to criminal prosecution or financial penalty.

Data sharing
Information provided to private sector housing is shared internally with our planning, citywide services, Council Tax, benefit and housing teams, and externally with the Norfolk County Council, adult and children’s services, trading standards, NHS, hospital trusts, other local authorities, the police and UK border agency in order that they may carry out their statutory duties.

Where appropriate we may share your information with your family, or with your consent, with charitable organisations. We will also share your details externally where we are lawfully required to do so for the prevention and detection of crime and fraud, or for the collection of taxes.