On-street parking restrictions and charges differ across the city according to the requirements of the locality.
Check the on-street signs and pay and display machines for details:
- Inside the city centre - chargeable (pay and display)
- Outside the city centre - non-chargeable
We manage on-street parking to ensure there is a regular turnover of parking bays so that residents, shoppers, visitors and workers have access to the city.
City centre charges
|Band A – for the first 15 minutes||£1.30|
|Band A – per 15 minutes thereafter||70p|
|Band B – for the first 15 minutes||£1.00|
|Band B – per 15 minutes thereafter||40p|
Band A charging bays
- Contactless and coins: Bank Street, Ber Street (city end), Bethel Street, Greyfriars Road, Prince of Wales Road, Princes Street, Rouen Road (city end) and St Giles Street.
- Coins only: Chapelfield East, Crown Road and Magdalen Street.
Band B charging bays
- Contactless and coins: Bedding Lane, Ber Street (non-city end), Bishopgate, Cathedral Street, Colegate, Cleveland Road, Cross Lane, Elm Hill, Fishergate, Oak Street, Rouen Road (non-city end), St Benedicts Street, St Martin's at Palace Plain, St Marys Plain, Surrey Street and Upper St Giles.
- Coins only: Calvert Street, Cow Hill, Garden Street, King Street, Mountergate, Muspole Street, Recorder Road, St Faiths Lane.
- At some machines – Contactless card, Apple Pay and Google Pay
- At all machines – Coins accepted 5p, 10p, 20p, £1 and £2 (no change given)
- Ensure your ticket is displayed
- Blue badges holders - no charge for parking in pay and display bays but valid badges must be displayed
Other uses for pay and display bays
In the city centre some pay and display bays may have different functions or restrictions at different times of day eg a pay and display in operation daytimes may be used as a taxi rank, no waiting restriction or permit parking at other times.
Always check on street signs and pay and display machines to avoid receiving a parking fine.