Who can get this permit?
Businesses or organisations that need regular access to their vehicle to park in areas where waiting restrictions are in place.
Is the permit specific to a particular vehicle?
No, but the voucher must be completed to include details of the vehicle on which it is placed.
What proof is required to enable the issue of a permit?
Vouchers are only valid when placed on a vehicle that is required to be in the vicinity of premises.
What is the nature of the permit is and how many can I have?
Up to 20 single dispensation vouchers or four books of dispensations may be purchased per company in any seven-day period although in some exceptional circumstances it may be possible to provide more.
You can only use up to three vouchers at any one location on any day and this includes use of the vouchers by any subcontractors on the site.
What type of vehicle they can be used on?
Parking dispensations may only be used by:
- Commercial vehicles and lorries with or without livery
- Private cars, estate cars, estate vans and vans (with windows and seats beyond the driver) must be liveried (i.e. will require permanent vinyl markings to the bodywork or glazing or removable magnetic signs on the body or removable sign attached the roof)
- By no more than three vehicles at any one location at any time (Including sub- contractors).
How each permit can be used:
- The voucher must be completed and displayed on the near side of the windscreen, so that it can be read from the outside of the vehicle in accordance with the instructions on the voucher.
- Regular access to vehicle (for example, once every 20 minutes) is required to warrant reasonable use.
- Dispensations can be used to park in limited waiting bays and on-street pay and display bays as well as in permit parking bays and on yellow lines outside the time of any loading restriction. Any parking in pedestrian areas must be agreed in advance with the city council. Dispensations cannot be used in housing car parks.
- Dispensation vouchers are not valid for use across a dropped kerb for pedestrian or cycle use at any time or to a private driveway or garage without the express consent of the user of that drive or garage.
- Dispensation vouchers are valid for one vehicle for a one day only (this means the dispensations may be used from midnight to midnight; not a rolling 24 hour period). If you have more than one vehicle in use more than one dispensation will be needed. There are a limited number of exemptions which remove the requirement to obtain a dispensation.
- Parked vehicles must not cause an obstruction.
- Vehicles displaying dispensations must be moved if a police officer, civil enforcement officer or Norwich City Council officer requests.
- A dispensation does not guarantee a space to park.
- The city council reserves the right not to honour any fraudulently used voucher.
- The voucher is only valid for use on the dates shown on the permit.
The use of the vouchers is monitored. Where evidence is found that a voucher is being used wrongly the user will be given the opportunity to provide a satisfactory explanation of the circumstances or agree actions to rectify the situation. Action will be taken by the council if no satisfactory response is received.
Refunds and exchanges
Dispensation vouchers are non-refundable and are subject to an expiry date one year from the date of issue. Please ensure that you only purchase sufficient for your reasonably immediate needs