Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Resident parking permit

Apply for a resident parking permit

If you live in a controlled parking zone, you may be eligible for on-street resident and visitor permits for your vehicle.

Check if you are eligible for a permit

If you are eligible

You can apply online for scratch cards and resident and visitor permits.

You will need to prove residency for all our residential permits (see the terms and conditions), and in addition, for a permit for your own vehicle that it is related to the permit address, such as:

  • Valid insurance schedule*
  • Vehicle registration certificate (V5C, available from the DVLA)*
  • Official bill of sale*
  • We can accept being a named driver on an insurance policy but it must show the address for which the permit is requested.

*If studying in Norwich this must include the address the permit is requested for (insurance schedule – showing this as a second address or postcode where the vehicle is kept or alternatively an email/letter from the insurance company clearly stating the address amendments).

Before you apply online you will need to set up a customer account

Apply for Scratch cards online

You can apply for scratch cards in multiples of £12, using the permit renewal form.

Apply for scratch cards

Apply for on-street resident and visitor permits online

  • on-street resident permit
  • on-street resident blue badge permit
  • 4-hour short stay visitor permit
  • free 4-hour short stay visitor permit (for households on certain means tested benefits).

Apply for a permit

For permits for the off-street housing car park scheme apply here