Before you apply for a permit please check if your business is eligible for one.
If your business is eligible for on-street parking permits we offer various permits depending on the location of your premises.
For businesses located in non-city centre permit zones
2-hour short stay business permit (Short stay in a zone)
- One permit for short stay parking (up to 2 hours) to be used by customers or clients only in the parking zone the business is located in.
- This permit can be used by any vehicle and is not issued to any specific vehicle.
Long stay business permits – vehicle specific (Long stay in a zone)
- Two permits for long stay parking (longer than 2 hours, up to 24 hours) to be used in the parking zone the business is located in.
- Permits are for vehicles used for business purposes, and not for staff parking who commute to the business.
- Each permit can be issued for up to two specifically registered vehicles.
New prices from Monday 8 August
- Permit duration - you can have a permit for any period between 1 and 18 months.
- Calculate the cost - the permit fee is calculated by multiplying the £13.13 monthly fee by the number of months required and then adding the £15 permit charge.
Example: A six-month permit will cost £93.78, which is £13.13 parking fee x 6 months + £15 permit charge = £93.78
|Permit type||Permit charge||Monthly parking fee|
|2-hour business permit (short stay in a zone)||£15||£13.13|
|Business permits (long stay in a zone)||£15||£13.13|
For businesses located in city centre permit zones
The above types of business permits are not issued to any business premises in the city centre.
For businesses and traders visiting any permit zone
- 2-hour short stay business permit in any zone (except Castle zone in the city centre).
- Business dispensations allow businesses to park in restricted areas where regular access to their vehicle is required.
- Trader permit allows trades people to park in restricted areas when they need to park close to the address where they are working.
Other business permits
- 2-hour charity and non-profit organisation
- Hotel and guesthouse and short-term lettings
- Property renovation
Renew a permit
You will automatically be sent a reminder to renew your permit during the four-week period before your permit expires.
Other parking options
If parking requirements do not justify the cost or merit a permit, or parking in Castle zone is required, you could use a car park, pay and display bay, or limited waiting bay where available.
Alternatively you can park in controlled parking zones (CPZs) when they are not in operation. Check the CPZ page for hours of operation.
We have garages and lockable parking bays to rent located throughout Norwich.
Business users may also use the visitor permit of a resident or a business permit of the client being visited - it is advisable to check in advance that these permits are available for your use.