Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Organise a play street session

To close a road for a play street session you will have to apply to us for a road closure licence.

The deadline for applications is at least six weeks before the event and the cost is £37.64.

How to apply for a road closure

Save the form to your computer before completing it if you are emailing it to us, or print and return it by post.

Please ensure you read the guidance notes.

Application and guidance notes for a road closure

You will be advised if your road is suitable for a street play session within a week.

Playing Out

Playing Out is a not-for-profit national organisation providing free resources and advice for residents wanting to organise temporary road closures for play.

As well as a step-by-step manual for organisers you can download template posters and other materials or contact them directly for advice.

For more information email or visit the Playing Out website.