We are responsible for most road signs in the city, including our famous ‘Fine City’ signs.
Highway signs include:
- Directional signs on the main road network.
- Information signs (eg for tourist destinations).
- Regulatory signs (eg for speed limits or parking restrictions).
- Street nameplates.
- Electrical signs such as Vehicle Activated Signs (Norwich city centre car park capacity signs).
Report a damaged road sign
- For all illuminated and electrical signs contact Norfolk County Council.
- For all non-illuminated signs contact the city council.
If you would like to request new road signs there may be a charge and all requests need to be assessed on their merits.
Contact us with your request describing the need for new signs, where they are needed and what they need to say.