Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Information on parking during national lockdown

Parking enforcement

Parking enforcement will continue throughout Norwich. We will continue to review this on a regular basis in line with national government guidelines.

Parking permits

Parking permits are running as normal during the current national lockdown and enforcement of Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) can continue. Apply for or renew a parking permit.

Car parks

The following Norwich City Council car park is closed:

  • Westwick Street surface car park

All other Norwich City Council pay and display and multi-storey car parks remain open. We will continue to monitor the use of all car parks and review if it is appropriate for these to remain operational. See details of each car park.

Season tickets

Current government guidelines state you may only leave your home for work if you cannot reasonably work from home.

As a result, we understand you may have previously purchased a car park season ticket that isn’t currently required.

If you would like to discuss options available to you while you are unable to use your season ticket please complete our contact us form.

Government key worker permit

This permit supersedes the Norwich City Council key worker permit scheme which ended in June 2020.

This pass provides evidence of entitlement to free parking for those on duty as an NHS staff member, health or social care worker, or NHS volunteer responder. This will mean the bearer can access parking concessions in local authority-owned off-street car parks and on-street bays during the COVID-19 emergency response period.

Parking concessions for COVID-19 can only be used when on official duty as an NHS staff member, health and social care worker or NHS Volunteer Responder.

Local authorities, NHS Trusts and the Royal Voluntary Service will be distributing the pass to those they deem to be eligible within this definition.

If employed by the NHS, you are advised to apply directly to your employer for a permit. All other health and social care workers who are not employed by the NHS are advised to submit their request via email to .

Further information on the government key worker permit scheme can be found via GOV.UK.