This funding is to provide support for businesses that do not qualify for Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG).
There is one application form for you to complete and we will consider you for one or both of the Additional Restriction Grants (ARGs), and the Tier 2 scheme.
Additional Restrictions Grant – from 26 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
This funding is to provide support to businesses that do not qualify for Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) and is for those who:
- can demonstrate a fall in income of 25% or more due to Covid-19 restrictions
- can demonstrate ongoing fixed operating costs
- deliver face to face services but are adversely affected because it is not possible or practical to follow current safety guidance.
Businesses that have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the Self Employment Income Support Scheme are eligible to apply.
Businesses operating from domestic properties that can demonstrate that they cannot operate or have been significantly affected due to the restrictions in place can apply.
Additional Restrictions Grant – from 5 November to 1 December 2020
This grant is aimed at Norwich businesses who were affected by the national restrictions (from 5 November to 1 December), but are not eligible for the Local Restrictions Grant. This might be because they either don’t pay business rates, or have not been forced to closed, but have experienced loss of income.
The council will prioritise those businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Businesses that have been severely impacted by the restrictions but may not qualify under the Local Restrictions Grant scheme e.g. businesses that supply the retail, hospitality or leisure sectors or businesses in the events sector, but have not had to close
- Businesses that do not have a business rates assessment, this includes people who may be self-employed e.g. a hairdresser that rents a chair in a salon
- Regular market traders with fixed costs, such as rent, that do not have their own business rates assessment
- Bed & breakfasts that pay council tax instead of business rates
Grants will not be paid to the following:
- Businesses operating from domestic properties
- Businesses that can still trade and operate their services remotely eg offices
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to do so by the national restrictions; unless they can demonstrate significant impact on their business due to other businesses being required to close
- Businesses that mainly trade on-line
- Companies in administration or are insolvent including where there has been a striking off notice will not be eligible to apply for assistance under this scheme.