The scheme is now closed.
We are introducing a discretionary rebate scheme to provide support for residents struggling with energy bills.
The majority of this discretionary fund will automatically be paid to eligible households, with some additional money available that must be applied for.
Who will be paid automatically?
Eligible households that will be paid automatically:
- households in bands E to H in receipt of council tax reduction
- households that have a disabled band reduction in bands A to H
- households in receipt of a severe and mentally impaired discount or exemption.
Read the full scheme for eligibility and payment details.
If you meet these criteria, you do not need to do anything. The money will be automatically paid into your bank account if we hold your details, otherwise it will be paid into your council tax account.
Apply for additional support
There is also an additional top-up payment available, but this must be applied for.
Those eligible include:
- households with a prepayment meter
- households experiencing fuel poverty
Applications must be received before 21 November 2022. Please be aware that this is a limited fund.
Please note: The Discretionary energy rebate scheme is separate to the Energy Bills Rebate where £150 was previously paid to households in bands A-D.