Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Licensing - Skip licence

Record details

Skip licence

A skip contractor must apply for a licence from the council to place a skip on the public highway. Only authorised skip contractors can apply - applications from residents and other agents will not be accepted.


Payment must be paid in advance for each application.

  • £31.36 for the first 28 days
  • £25 renewal fee for every subsequent 28 days

How to apply

Please note – it may take up to three days to process your license application.

Apply for a skip licence

Application evaluation process

We will take the following information into consideration when assessing applications for permission:

  • The size of the skip.
  • The proposed location of the skip.
  • Other works taking place in the vicinity, including building works, utility works, road works and any other activity on the highway which could disrupt traffic flow.
  • The length of time the skip will be on the highway.
  • The parking restrictions in place at the location you wish to place the skip.

If we give permission for a skip to be placed on the public highway it will be subject to set guidelines. See our terms and conditions.

Additional conditions specific to an application may also be added to a licence and must be met by the applicant.

If we need any further information from you to enable us to assess your application we will contact you using the contact details that you provide in your application.


Use our contact us form for all enquiries.