Whether you work in catering or simply want to gain new skills, we offer specialist food safety courses accredited by CIEH (the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health), which will show you how to produce food safely.
If you operate a food business you will be responsible for ensuring that anyone handling food are supervised, instructed and trained to a level appropriate to their duties.
The law does not require food handlers to complete a formal training course however, a certificate confirming they have passed a recognised course, is evidence of legal compliance.
CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety
A one-day course suitable for people who handle open or unpackaged food.
- Course times: Wednesdays from 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Venue: St Andrews and Blackfriars Hall, St Andrews Plain, Norwich, NR3 1AU
- Price: £60 per person (price includes course workbook and examination registration fee)
- Wednesday 9 June
- Wednesday 21 July
- Wednesday 22 September
- Wednesday 20 October
- Wednesday 17 November
Food safety management course
Safer Food Better Business (SFBB) workshop
A half-day course suitable for business operators, managers or chefs, who would like advice and guidance on how to correctly complete and use the SFBB pack and diary.
Course times: Wednesdays from 9.30am to 1pm
Venue: St Andrews and Blackfriars Hall, St Andrews Plain, Norwich, NR3 1AU
Price: £30 per person (price includes a copy of the SFBB pack)
- Wednesday 23 June
- Wednesday 28 July
- Wednesday 8 September
- Wednesday 6 October
- Wednesday 3 November
If you are looking to attend a different course to those published, call 01603 989600.
Terms and conditions
- Courses are run subject to a minimum number of bookings.
- A full refund will be given if Norwich City Council has to cancel a course.
- Cancellation or non-attendance following a confirmed booking incurs the full course fee to cover administration costs.