Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Online forms: private hire or hackney carriage transfer (new owner)

Use this form to transfer your vehicle licence from one owner(s) to another.

If the licence has expired you will need to apply for a new licence.

To transfer your vehicle licence you will need the following:

  • letter from the previous owner confirming who the vehicle has been sold to and date of sale (please upload a scanned or photographed copy of this letter - make sure you have it saved on your computer before proceeding)
  • licence reference number (as shown on your licence/renewal letter)
  • email address
  • credit or debit card

Once you have started, you must continue to the end and submit the form. Please note that you only have 30 minutes to fill out each page and you will not be able to come back to the form at a later time because your answers will not be saved.


Privacy Notice

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with the personal data we collect.


Feedback button
Feedback button