When applying to renew a hackney carriage or private hire driver's licence you also need to book an appointment to bring in your completed supporting documents.
We will not process your application if any of the documents are incomplete or missing.
You will need to make a payment at the end of the form, using a credit or debit card:
- Hackney carriage: £319 (includes £275 application and £44 DBS check)
- Private hire: £262 (includes £218 application and £44 DBS check)
Please have the following documents ready before you apply:
- Completed Data Protection Mandate form
- Medical certificate questionnaire completed by your doctor
- Your DVLA driver’s licence (photo card). This must be in date showing your current address.
- Two further forms of identity eg passport and utility bill with your address on it (gas, electric, telephone bill)
- Original DBS certificate (if you have already subscribed to the DBS update service).
- One item of evidence of your National Insurance number
If you have any questions about completing the application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 989400.
Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with the personal data we collect