Free specialist advice and assistance on matters relating to housing for private tenants and home owners faced with losing their home.
How we can help
- Stop people becoming homeless
- Negotiate with landlords to extend tenancies and pay off arrears
- Give legal advice on tenancy rights
- Advise on recovery of damage deposits
- Use various schemes to provide housing solutions
- Make referrals to other agencies for support
- Explain possession proceedings and remedies
- Prevent illegal eviction
- Address issues of disrepair
- Advise eligible homeowners on how to contact the Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) loan scheme
- Refer homeowners who need advice about mortgages or other financial issues to Citizens Advice Norfolk or the Money Advice Service.
If you’ve already lost your home we can provide:
- Advice on our housing options service
- Help with tenancy deposits
- Access to the homeless prevention fund
- Specialist support – for victims of domestic violence or hate crime
- Access to supported lodging and private sector housing
- Access to employment and training via www.norwichleap.co.uk
- Referrals to hostels.
If you want advice you can
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone us on 0344 980 3333 between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday to make an appointment to see a housing adviser.