Housing advice and allocating homes
- 2,019 housing applications processed
- 423 introductory tenancies started.
- 832 social housing properties allocated
Average re-let time (the number of days a property was empty between tenants) for council homes was 23 days.
80% of households who approached us about facing homelessness were prevented from becoming homeless, helping clients in crisis and saving money on temporary accommodation.
As part of the public health response to the pandemic, we accommodated over 150 clients sleeping rough or at risk of rough sleeping. The majority of these successfully moved into hostel accommodation.
A consultation was carried out on changes to the Home Options policy, which determines how we allocate social housing in Norwich. The updated policy is being introduced in 2021 to make sure that those in the greatest need receive priority for social housing in the city.
- Rent due for 2020/2021 financial year: £64,017,085
- Total rent collected (including arrears payments made by current and former tenants): was £63,220,023.
- Arrears brought forward from previous years - £2,435,748
- 95% of all rent due (including arrears) was collected.