Are you sure the vehicle is parked illegally?
There are some parking infringements and situations that we cannot enforce, and in these cases no action will be taken. Examples of these include:
- No yellow lines in the area
- Vehicle on paths, pavements and the corners of roads (where no yellow lines are present)
- Grass verges (where there is no restriction on verge parking)
- In controlled parking zones not managed by Norwich City Council
- Unattached caravans and trailers
Report illegal parking
If you believe the car is parked illegally, please tell us as much information as possible ie date, time, car registration, colour, make.
When you make your report you will first be asked to check if the illegal parking is to do with an on-street permit.
What happens next
Cases will be referred to our parking enforcement team to investigate the matter in accordance with our Parking Enforcement policy.
This policy refers to the Civil Parking Enforcement Guidance Manual on Norfolk County Council's website. Please note, no follow-up correspondence will be provided.