A vehicle may be abandoned if:
- it has not been moved for a long time
- it does not appear to have an owner
- it is in poor condition
- it has been vandalised
- it is in a dangerous position.
If you think a vehicle has been abandoned, report it to us and we will remove it if appropriate. An untaxed vehicle may not be an indication that it has been abandoned.
Check if a vehicle is taxed
Vehicles no longer require a tax disc. You can check whether a vehicle is taxed and has an up to date MOT on the Gov.uk website.
If a vehicle is untaxed you can report it directly to the DVLA.
Report an abandoned vehicle
To do this you will need to tell us:
- the vehicle registration number
- the make, model and colour of the vehicle
- the road name and location of the vehicle
Claim a vehicle that has been removed
If a notice was placed on your vehicle and the vehicle has now been removed, contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020. More about what to do if your vehicle has been removed.