A vehicle may be abandoned if:
- it has not been moved for a long time
- it does not appear to have an owner
- it is in poor condition
- it has been vandalised
- it is in a dangerous position
If you think a vehicle has been abandoned, report it to us and we will remove it if appropriate. An untaxed vehicle may not indicate that it is abandoned.
Check if a vehicle is taxed
Vehicles no longer require a tax disc. You can check whether a vehicle is taxed and has an up to date MOT on the Gov.uk website.
If a vehicle is untaxed you can report it directly to the DVLA.
Report an abandoned vehicle
To do this you will need to tell us:
- the vehicle registration number
- the make, model and colour of the vehicle
- the road name and location of the vehicle
Claim a vehicle that has been removed
If a notice was placed on your vehicle and the vehicle has now been removed, contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020. What to do if your vehicle has been removed.