You will need to complete the online application form, make an online payment for the application fee and submit any supporting evidence that may be required at this stage.
You will need to provide the information about:
- the proposed licence holder
- the proposed manager
- your bank or mortgage company if there is an existing mortgage on the property
- any additional owners or any other interested parties details
- the property itself including
- the extent of any existing fire precautions
- the types of soft furnishings
- the number and type of each room (e.g. how many bedrooms)
- the size of habitable rooms
- the number of occupants
- The number and type of amenities (e.g. baths, cookers etc.)
- The energy rating of the house (from the energy performance certificate) and type of heating
- Servicing information and safety certification for gas appliances, the electrical installation and the fire detection system
Online payment may be made with a debit or credit card. The application fee is currently £40 and is non-returnable in the event that the HMO does not require a licence or where a licence is refused.