Footgolf is combination of football and golf. All you need is a pair of trainers and a sense of humour!
It is played on a golf course using a size 5 football. The object of the game is to get the ball into the hole using only your feet in the fewest number of shots possible.
- Keep pace with the other groups in play.
- If you fall behind let players pass.
- Wait for the ball to come to a complete stop before the next kick.
- Tee shots must be played from behind the tee line up to 2 metres.
- Play the ball as it lies, you cannot touch or accommodate it.
- Only one ball must be in motion at any one time.
- Loose articles may be removed without penalty (branches, leaves stones etc.)
- You can lift or drop a ball without penalty if an immovable obstructions hinders play (tee sign, fence, cart etc.)
- If a ball is deemed out of bounds or unplayable it can be dropped in play with a one stroke penalty, but no more than one metre closer to the hole or if it can be replayed from the previous shot.
- When another player is to play do not stand directly behind them or in line with the hole as this may cause a distraction.
- Maximum score is 10 shots per hole.