- You can make an informal challenge up to 28 days after the parking fine has been issued.
- If your challenge is received within the first 14 days you will only have to pay 50 per cent of the fine if your challenge is rejected.
Notice to owner
If you fail to pay or challenge a parking fine within 28 days of the date of issue the registered owner of the vehicle will be sent a Notice to Owner. This legal document gives the option to:
- pay the full amount
- make formal representations within 28 days providing relevant proof of why you believe the parking fine should be cancelled.
Please note: we cannot make the decision whether or not to cancel the fine over the telephone.
Appealing to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal
- If we accept your representations the parking fine will be cancelled.
- If your case is rejected you will be sent a Notice of Rejection and information about how you can lodge an appeal with the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.