For business which were required to close for the period of national restrictions between 5 November and 1 December 2020. Qualifying businesses will receive a single fixed-amount grant to cover that four-week period.
This is for businesses that were required to close, such as:
- non-essential retail
- personal care
For a business to be eligible for this funding, it must meet the following criteria:
- be mandated to close from 5 November 2020 due to the national restrictions
- be liable for business rates for your business premises
- be actively trading from your premises on 4 November 2020 (or would be if coronavirus restriction measures were not in place)
- have not received more than €800,000 of state aid in the past 3 years
- the business is not dissolved, subject to a striking off order or subject to any form of insolvency proceedings e.g. administration or liquidation
Businesses which remained open during this time, or that chose to close but were not required to do so, are not eligible. However, those who were required to close their main part of their business or service, but were offering click and collect or delivery options – for example pubs and restaurants who offered collection or delivery services – are eligible.
The support amount to be received is based on the rateable value of your business premises, set out below:
- For properties with a RV of £15,000 or under, a grant of £1,334
- For properties with a RV of between £15,001 and £50,999 a grant of £2,000
- For properties with a RV of £51,000 or above, a grant of £3,000
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2021.
Final payments will be made be 30 April 2021.