This scheme will provide grants to help hospitality businesses reopen safely through improving outdoor facilities.
Grants of up to £7,500 are available to support businesses with the adaptations required to improve their outdoor facilities which may include: outdoor furniture, heating and lighting, weather-shielding equipment, such as wind breaks, umbrellas and temporary structures to keep waiting visitors dry or safe, such as awnings or marquees.
- be carrying out works to a fixed business premises located in Norwich that is open to customers, or will be when restrictions allow
- operate in the Hospitality, Recreation, Leisure, Culture, Tourism or Events sectors
- provide quotes or invoices for items being claimed and submit invoices/receipts prior to final payment
- detail how their project will directly help the reopening of their business through the COVID-19 restrictions
- have been trading on 1 April 2021 or is a newly established business before 31 May 2021.
- be the business that is registered for business rates
- be actively trading from the premises (Grants will not be awarded in respect of a property which is unoccupied)
- not be in administration, nor insolvent and not be subject to a Striking Off Notice
- not have exceeded the permitted Subsidy limit (previously known as State Aid) in terms of support already received.
NB. these grants will not be available to national chains with more than 30 trading sites.
The amount of grant available
Grants up to £7,500 are available to support businesses with the adaptations required to enable or improve their outdoor facilities. The fund will pay for up to 75% of the cost (exclusive of VAT where the business is VAT registered).
Applications close on 31 May and payments must be made by 30 June.