Heating and powering our homes is expensive, so it is worthwhile trying to find a more affordable energy deal. Big Community Switch helps residents switch energy suppliers, move to a renewable electricity tariff and save money on their energy bills. Switching with us means you can benefit from the bargaining power of a large group.
In 2019, Norwich City Council declared a climate and biodiversity emergency. Through this, we’re committed to guiding the city towards a net-zero future, whilst also helping residents through the cost-of-living crisis. Switching your energy supply to a competitive renewable tariff is one of the easiest ways that you can reduce your carbon emissions, and might also reduce your bills too.
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register for free and without obligation at bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/norwich
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held once registration closes, when pre-vetted energy suppliers will submit bids. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract.
3. Personal offer: you will receive a personal offer, based on your registration details, and you can see how much money you can save.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to switch.
5. Take control: if you accept, you will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through this collective energy switching scheme.
Find out more
For more information, visit bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/norwich where you can register for the scheme. Please note that this scheme is not run by Norwich City Council, and all enquiries should be directed to the Big Community Switch’s helpdesk.