When applying for a new hackney carriage or private hire driver's licence you also need to book an appointment to bring in your completed supporting documents.
We will not process your application if any of the documents are incomplete or missing.
You will need to make an initial payment at the end of the form, using a credit or debit card. Fees include the cost of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and safeguarding training:
- Hackney carriage: £464 (additional fee to pay prior to collection £103)
- Private hire: £336 (additional fee to pay prior to collection £90)
Before you complete this form
Please have the following documents ready before you apply:
- Completed Data Protection Mandate form
- Medical certificate questionnaire completed by your doctor
- Passport size photograph of yourself
- Your DVLA driver’s licence (photo card). This must be in date showing your current address.
- Two further forms of identity eg passport and utility bill with your address on it (gas, electric, telephone bill).
- Original DBS certificate (if you have already subscribe to the DBS update service).
- One item of evidence of your National Insurance number
You must also have passed:
- Driving assessment test
- Knowledge test
- Wheelchair assessment test (Hackney carriage only)
If you have any questions about the application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 989400.
Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with the personal data we collect