Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Application for mutual exchange

Only complete this form when you are ready to swap your home. All parties will need to complete a separate form.

We will not consider any application until all forms have been submitted. 

We will notify all applicants within 42 days from receipt of all submissions as to whether the exchange can proceed. If any party fails to submit an application, the exchange will be cancelled. 

Before you complete the form

Please make sure you have the following information to hand:

  • Your National Insurance number (and of joint tenant, if applicable)
  • Name and date of birth of all members of the household moving with you
  • For each property involved in the exchange, you will need to provide the name of the lead and joint tenants, the address of where they are moving to and their housing provider.

Your exchange may be refused from the outset where any of these apply:

  • a recent notice to seek possession has been served or there is an active court order on the property due to a breach of tenancy
  • the property is too big or too small for the family moving in, although we will usually allow you to move to a property which has one bedroom more or less than you need
  • the property has been adapted for special needs and there is nobody with special needs moving into the property
  • the property has been specially designated for the elderly and you or the tenant you are exchanging with do not meet the criteria.
  • there is money owed to the council at point of assignment 

Please contact your housing officer if you wish to discuss these issues further prior to making an application.

Please note that when you start the form you must continue to the end and submit it. You only have 30 minutes to fill out each page and you will not be able to save the form and come back later.

Privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with personal information

Feedback button
Feedback button