Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Council tax payment refund

If your council tax account is in credit and you would like to request a refund back to your bank account, please complete this form. This is a request only at this stage and does not guarantee any refund will be given, your details will need to be checked and we may require further information from you.

If you pay by Direct Debit, we will automatically issue any refund back so you do not need to request a refund. The refund will automatically go back into the bank account in which we have been taking payments from.

We can only refund to the person who pays the bill. Please note if you have any outstanding debts with Norwich City Council for council tax then we reserve the right to use any credit amounts to be offset against these.

Before you start the form

You will need to have the following information to hand:

  • Council tax account number (found on the top right corner or your bill)
  • Amount you are requesting to claim as a refund
  • Bank account details

If applicable, a Power of Attorney must be registered with us, otherwise a full copy of the original document must be uploaded in the form.

Ensure you have the document ready to upload and saved to your computer before you start. Files can be as PDFs, Word docs or as JPG images with a maximum size of 4MB.

Please note that when you start the form you must continue to the end and submit it. You only have 10 minutes to fill out each page and you will not be able to save the form and come back later.


Privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with personal information.

Feedback button
Feedback button