Grants have been made available throughout the pandemic to support businesses in the city. The money for these grants has been provided by central government.
CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS: Hospitality Restart Adaptations Grant - 1 April 2020 to 31 May 2021
- For businesses in the hospitality sector serving food and drink and who have bought/are buying equipment/structures/software to improve outdoor trading
Please note: Any adaptations that you’re applying for this grant to contribute towards must be completed/installed, and any supporting evidence supplied, before 30 June.
If the adaptations applied for aren’t made and evidence supplied before 30 June, final funds won’t be released and any partial funds already received may need to be returned.
CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS: Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) – national lockdown cycle 2 (for 16 February to 31 March 2021)
- for rated businesses forced to close
Restart grants – from 1 April 2021
- offers in-person services in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, accommodation, gym and sports or personal care sectors
Additional Restrictions Grants (discretionary):
- From 5 November 2020 to 31 March 2021
- for non-rated businesses forced to close
- for businesses not forced to close, but have been severely impacted by restrictions
- From 1 April 2021
- For businesses who deliver face-to-face services, and have been severely impacted by current safety guidance.