Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Licensing - Apply for a vehicle licence

Record details

You will need a vehicle licence if you own or drive a hackney carriage (taxi) or a private hire vehicle. You will also need a driver’s licence.

When you apply to licence your vehicle for the first time, it must be less than five years old.

Your vehicle will need an inspection check every year, as long as it is less than 10 year's old. If the vehicle is 10 years old and more, it must be checked every six months. We can't accept a vehicle inspection check if it was carried out more than six weeks before your application date.

Apply online where you can submit supporting documents and pay the correct fee.

Apply for a new vehicle licence

Licensing more than one vehicle

If you intend to licence more than one vehicle from a particular location, contact the planning department on 01603 989342 before submitting your application as it is likely that planning permission will be needed.

Contact details

If you have any questions about completing the application form, email or call 01603 989400.

Feedback button
Feedback button