Norwich City Council’s annual culture grant is funding activities that support the delivery of the Norwich 2040 City Vision - Creative City objectives in the 2022/23 financial year.
The total fund is £53,500 and organisations were invited to apply for grants between £500 and £10,000.
We know that supporting voluntary and community and social enterprise sector agencies to deliver services can achieve greater innovation and strengthen the cultural sector overall.
- The Garage - The Garage is a centre for performing arts located in Norwich, supporting the creative journeys of participants, audiences and artists.
- Forum Trust Heritage Open Days - Open to everybody, Heritage Open Days is a unique opportunity to explore the unknown, and discover the unexpected in the familiar. With events taking place across the county, there's plenty to participate in: from guided tours, to behind-the-scenes, to amazing exhibitions. The theme for this year’s festival is ‘Astounding Inventions’ celebrating England's rich history of invention, industry and innovation.
- NORCA - Dedicated to improving lives and communities through arts and culture. Our vision is to create a world where arts and culture are part of everyone's lives, and the people and communities we work with can live creative, healthy lives, and fulfil their potential, regardless of background.
- Norwich Puppet Theatre - A professional company, community outreach organisation dedicated to championing the special art form of puppetry through magical theatrical experiences and creative skills sessions for everyone.
- Frozen Light - Frozen Light creates exciting and original multi-sensory theatre for audiences with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and tours it to theatre venues and arts centres nationwide.
- The Common Lot - Madly ambitious and joyfully inclusive theatre projects from Norwich. Theatre for, with and about the people of Norwich. Their mission is to make theatre that matters to people: relevant, home-grown, original and accessible.
- The Oak Circus Centre - Classes, performances, creation, events and all things circus brought together in a beautiful Norwich venue.
- Norfolk Black History Month - Norfolk BHM comprises of a small number of volunteers and associate members who work tirelessly throughout the year to engage the community in celebration of Black History. Its aims are for the public benefit, to promote knowledge and experience of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community history and share the positive contributions that BAME people gave to British society.
- New Routes - New Routes Integration | Supporting & Empowering Refugees, Asylum Seekers & Migrants Working with and supporting refugees, asylum seekers and isolated migrants, and promoting cross-cultural integration and community awareness in Norwich. We work with individuals and families from over 80 countries, speaking 60+ different languages.