Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Blocked drains or gullies

We are responsible for maintaining blocked drains and gullies on roads and pavements.

Each report will be prioritised according to the severity of the situation, so please provide as much information as possible. You can also email us a photograph to

  • If the blocked gully is a risk to road safety or is flooding the adjacent property we will deal with this during the next working day.
  • If the blockage is causing localised ponding (puddles) and is not an immediate risk then this will be dealt with within four weeks.
  • If water passes across a blocked gully to the next operating gully with no puddle forming, the gully will be unblocked during the next routine clean.

Report a blocked drain or gully

Rented properties

Private tenants

Report the problem to your landlord in the first instance.

Norwich City Council tenant

Report the problem directly to us via the report a repair form.


Anglia Water is responsible for maintaining public sewers (generally, drains coming from privately owned properties are the owner’s responsibility).

For more information please visit or call 08457 145 145.