Before you report a repair
Check which parts of your home are your responsibility and which are ours. Repairs that are your responsibility will incur a charge, called rechargeable repairs.
The council is responsible for maintaining and repairing:
- the structure and exterior of the property, including drains, gutters and external pipes
- installations for the supply of water, gas and electricity
- installations for sanitation (basins, sinks, baths, showers and toilets)
- heating installations (radiators, boilers, water tanks etc)
We must carry out those repairs provided:
- the damage has not been caused by you
- we know about the damage; and
- we have your co-operation for our staff and contractors to access your home
For further information about your rights and obligations with regard to housing repairs and maintenance please see section eight of your tenancy agreement.
If you have provided a mobile telephone number, you will receive a text reminder on the day before your appointment.
If you are a Private Sector Leasing tenant in a LetNCC property, do not complete the repairs form. Please contact your housing officer, email email@example.com or for out of hours/emergencies call 01603 412180.
To report a heating repair call 0344 980 3333 and choose option 3 for housing enquiries and then the option for heating and hot water repairs.