Holding personal information about you helps us provide better services for you.
This charter sets out the standards that you can expect from us when we process information about you, or your enquiries. It will tell you how you can get access to information, including your personal data, and what you can do if you think standards are not being met.
When we ask for your personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it
- ask only for what we need
- protect it and make sure that no unauthorised person has access to it
- let you know if and why will share it with other organisations
- make sure that we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- make sure your personal information is not made available for commercial use.
In return, we ask you to:
- provide us with accurate information
- provide information on time
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to the information you have already given us.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you
- how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- how we share information with other organisations
- how we can pass on your personal information without telling you
- how to make a complaint.