Guidance on plan requirements
If you are applying for a new licence, or have made significant changes to the layout of the premises since your last licence was granted, please provide a plan which clearly shows the layout of your premises.
The plan should show all areas of your premises which will be used in the course of the business, including:
- all internal and external walls or fences, and the boundary of your premises
- access and exit points to and from the premises
- location of emergency escape routes from the premises (if different to above)
- areas used for accommodating animals (including any permanent enclosures, structures or pens)
- areas used for exercising animals (including any permanent enclosures, structures or pens)
- areas used for storage/preparation of food for animals
- location of fire detection/safety equipment
- location of any medical equipment/isolation facility
- location of any heating/ventilation sources
The plan does not need to be drawn to scale, however it should include measurements to indicate the dimensions of areas as required by the licence conditions. Please refer to the relevant DEFRA activity guidance notes.