To qualify for Right to Buy you must have three years secure tenancy with Norwich City Council, or another qualifying landlord, such as:
- another council
- some housing associations
- the Forces
- other public bodies.
You may be able to buy your home with members of your family who have lived with you for the past 12 months, or someone who is a joint tenant with you.
You may not be able to buy your council home if:
- you have with less than three years qualifying tenancy
- you live in sheltered housing or a disabled development scheme
- your property has been adapted to meet a specific health need
- you do not have a secure tenancy
- your tenancy is granted under homeless legislation.
- you are an undischarged bankrupt
- you have a bankruptcy petition pending against you
- you have made an arrangement with creditors (people you owe money to) and you still owe them money
- you are subject to a court order