Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Right to Buy

Who has the Right to Buy?

To qualify for Right to Buy you must have three years secure tenancy with Norwich City Council, or another qualifying landlord, such as:

  • another council
  • some housing associations
  • the Forces
  • other public bodies.

You may be able to buy your home with members of your family who have lived with you for the past 12 months, or someone who is a joint tenant with you.

You may not be able to buy your council home if:

  • you have with less than three years qualifying tenancy
  • you live in sheltered housing or a disabled development scheme
  • your property has been adapted to meet a specific health need
  • you do not have a secure tenancy
  • your tenancy is granted under homeless legislation.
  • you are an undischarged bankrupt
  • you have a bankruptcy petition pending against you
  • you have made an arrangement with creditors (people you owe money to) and you still owe them money
  • you are subject to a court order
Feedback button
Feedback button