Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Buying and selling the property

Will the council buy my flat?

If the property was purchased on or after 18 January 2005, the council must have first right of refusal if you sell your flat. Click here for more guidance on Right to Buy – Buy Back and to notify us of an ex-council property you wish to sell.

For properties sold before this date, the answer is usually no. However, requests will be considered on an individual basis, so again please follow the guidance linked above.

Feedback button
Feedback button