Items accepted in your food caddy
- Leftovers from your meals.
- Eggs – including shells.
- All dairy products eg cheese.
- Vegetables and fruit – raw and cooked.
- Bread, cakes and other baked goods.
- Meat – raw and cooked, including fat and bones.
- Fish – raw and cooked, including bones and shells.
- Rice, pasta and beans.
- Tea bags and coffee grounds.
- Cooking oil, lard and other fats – large quantities of cooking oil needs to be presented in a plastic bottle by the side of the food caddy.
- Pet food.
Items not accepted in your food caddy
- Packaging of any sort
- Other recycling.
- Garden waste.
- Straw or other animal bedding.
How to use your food caddy
- Line your kitchen caddy to make it easier to transfer to the external food bin
- Use a liner* in your kitchen caddy - this makes recycling much easier. Plastic bags can also be used - we encourage reuse such as those used for bread.
- Put all your leftover, mouldy or out-of-date food in your kitchen caddy. No packaging please
- When your caddy is full, tie the liner and put it in your external food caddy.
- External food caddies must be put out on the kerbside on your collection day. They are collected weekly.
*We are providing free liners for those on an individual wheelie bin service, if the crews have them. Please tie a liner to your external caddy on collection day to signal you need another roll.