Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich
Coronavirus: advice and support

New national restrictions were introduced on Thursday 5 November. Let’s continue to work together to help prevent the spread of the virus and Protect Norwich.

Latest information

Dogs barking/animal noise

If you are regularly and persistently disturbed by animal noise, we can investigate  - and if assessed to be a nuisance - can take action against the animal owners under the Environmental Protection Act. In the first instance, you are asked to have a polite word with the animal owners; they may not be aware. We have put together some tips to help you resolve issues with neighbours to help guide that initial conversation.

If, for any reason, you are unable to speak to your neighbour in person, you may want to download and use our ‘Dear Neighbour’ card.

Mediation/ conflict resolution

We also offer a free mediation/conflict resolution service to residents, to help resolve neighbour disputes and improve community relations. See the mediation/conflict resolution page for information on how to make a referral for this service.

The Noise App

The Noise appIf none of this is successful, you can download the Noise App onto your smart phone or tablet  and record the noise you consider to be antisocial. This will be sent directly to a council officer to investigate further. If the investigation identifies that the noise is antisocial and meets the criteria for enforcement under the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990, then recordings made via the Noise App will support enforcement action to help ensure the noise ceases or reduces to an acceptable level.

How to download the Noise App

If you do not have access to a smart phone it may be helpful if you are able to borrow one from a friend or family member. If  you have no access, we may still be able to help you, however this process will likely take much longer. In this instance, to report antisocial noise, complete the online form.

Animal cruelty

Report animal cruelty to the RSPCA.