We understand that you may have allotment waste that is non-compostable and so you may need to have a small bonfire. If this is the case, we ask you to remember the below points.
- You can only have a bonfire between 1 October and 31 March and after 9am.
- Make sure the ground and the items to be burnt are dry so as to avoid the fire smoking.
- Always have a hot, quick fire.
- Be considerate to neighbours – don’t have a fire when the wind is blowing towards surrounding houses.
- Your fire must be extinguished by sunset.
- Never leave your fire unattended.
- Never leave the allotment site without making sure the fire has been properly extinguished.