Jobseekers in Norwich will get the chance to meet local employers to discuss a variety of job opportunities when Ready for Work returns to The Halls in Norwich next week.
The free jobs fair, organised by Norwich City Council and Norwich JobCentre Plus, will take place on Wednesday 27 March. People of all ages are welcome to attend, and can drop in any time between 11am and 2pm on the day.
There will be plenty of help available, from navigating the fair itself to support with the digital skills needed to search and apply for jobs online.
As well as speaking to representatives from a wide variety of employers including Aviva, Marks and Spencer and the NHS, attendees will be able to check live job boards featuring all of the latest opportunities available on the day.
Laura Wigby, digital inclusion co-ordinator at Norwich City Council, part of the team behind the event said: “Ready for Work is for anyone looking for a job, or who might need some help with applying.
“We’ve got some fantastic local employers lined up, job fair buddies on hand to help people get the most out of the day, plus our popular digital hub is back to assist with IT needs.”
Julia Nix, Jobcentre Plus District Manager, East Anglia, said: “‘The Return for Work event last year was such a great success with almost a thousand people accessing employment opportunities.
“I would recommend Ready for Work 2019 as a great opportunity for those seeking employment to take advantage of so many employers in one place!”
Top tips for attendees:
- Bring multiple copies of your CV to give to employers. For anyone without a CV, Norwich City Council’s digital coaches will be available for advice on creating one.
- Make sure you know your email address and are able to log into your email account – there will be the opportunity to apply for jobs on the day. If you don’t have an email address, speak to a digital coach about getting started.
- You could be meeting your future employer, so dress smartly and comfortably to give the best first impression.
- Be open minded – it’s never too late to try something new so make the most of the range of employers there and speak to as many of them as possible.
- For latest updates, see the Ready For Work Facebook event.
Confirmed employers/organisations include:
- Apprenticeship Norfolk
- Army - Catering Corp
- Bernard Matthews
- Cascade Care
- City College Apprenticeships
- Construction Training Specialists
- Contract Personnel
- EPOS Now
- Hermes Europe
- HM Prison Service
- Home Support Matters
- HR GO
- Marks and Spencer
- MTC Novo
- New U
- NHS apprentceships
- NHS Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (Mental Health)
- Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support
- NORSE Care
- Princes Trust
- Trac Apprenticeships
- YMCA apprenticeships