Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

City's road management set to transfer to Norfolk County Council

Published on Tuesday, 3rd March 2020

Norwich residents can report highways matters like pot-holes, blocked drains and gullies and request skip and scaffold licenses and dropped kerbs to Norfolk County Council.

The move is coming after Norfolk County Councillors voted last year to end the Norwich City Highways Agency Agreement, which has been in place since 1974.

Councillor Mike Stonard, cabinet member for sustainable and inclusive growth said:

“The positive impact brought about through the close partnership working between the city and county councils on highways matters since the 1970s, is almost immeasurable.

Recent key highlights include the securing of £6.1million from the government’s Transforming Cities Fund and a £13.8m boost to cycling.

"Norwich needs an excellent transport and highways network that is efficient and effective. So while the city council is, of course, disappointed that the highways agreement is being brought to an end, we are committed to continuing our excellent history of partnership working to help make sure the aspirations set through the Norwich 2040 city vision are met.

"We would like to wish our dedicated and hardworking colleagues who are transferring over the very best and thank them for their years of service.”

For the full news article, visit