Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Final call to help EU citizens living in Norwich

Published on Tuesday, 1st June 2021

There are just 30 days left to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Norwich City Council wants to make sure all EU nationals living in the city protect their rights and apply to the scheme before the 30 June deadline.

All EU, EEA or Swiss citizens, and their family members (including non-EU citizens) who are resident in the UK need to apply by this time or they won’t be able to work in the UK or rent a house and are likely to have difficulty accessing services, including those offered by local authorities and the NHS.

You must have been a resident in the UK before 31 December 2020 to be eligible for the scheme.

A Norwich City Council spokesperson said: “We want to make sure that all of our residents have access to the services they need.

“If you are an EU national living in Norwich and haven’t yet applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, please don’t delay in starting your application.”

Help with applications is available through Norfolk Community Law Service and Citizens Advice Norfolk. There is also help available for any vulnerable people.

To apply to the EUSS, you will need a current valid EU, EEA or Swiss passport or a valid Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen. It is free to apply.

More information about the EU Settlement Scheme and how to apply, can be found on the Norwich City Council website

Vulnerable people can access help with their application by visiting

Feedback button
Feedback button