Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Freedom of Information request

What's the difference between a Freedom of Information request and a Data Subject Access Request?

Freedom of Information

A Freedom of Information request gives you the right to request information held by us (Norwich City Council) that has not already been published. (See the open data page for our published information).

To make a request, complete this Freedom of Information request formĀ and we will respond within 20 working days of receipt.

There may be a charge for printing, copying or postage if there is a lot of information relating to your request. If this is the case we will inform you as soon as possible for your approval.

Data Subject Access Request

Data Subject Access Request is a request for a copy of the personal data the council may hold about you.

To make a request for this information, you will need to complete a Data Subject Access Request form which will be responded to within a month of receipt.

Complete this form to make a Freedom of Information request.

Please note: when you start the form you must continue to the end and submit it. You have 30 minutes to fill out each page and you will not be able to save the form and come back later.

Privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with personal information.

Feedback button
Feedback button