Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Household Support Fund

There is no application process for these funds, but we will be in contact with people directly who we believe will benefit most.

The Household Support Fund (HSF) is designed to take financial pressures away from residents over winter. 

Increases in the cost of living and the removal of some financial support schemes means people may struggle to pay for essentials such as food and clothing.

The Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) have awarded Norfolk £6.6m as part of the HSF to support vulnerable people. 

While much of this funding has been allocated to specific organisations and initiatives, all local councils in the county have been given funding to direct towards residents in need.

Norwich’s funding may be used to fund purchases of essential goods and items, digital support provision, fuel hardship support, water bill payments and rent arrears clearance.

At least half the funding must be distributed to families with children. All spending must be completed by March 2022.