- 921 sheltered housing properties across 26 schemes
- Sheltered housing support officers continued to provide support throughout the year to tenants who needed it, either remotely or on site as restrictions allowed.
- Despite communal areas being closed for part of the year in line with covid regulations, planned maintenance work and communal upgrades were completed.
Specialist support team
- The role of the specialist support team is to support tenants to:
- reduce the risk of them abandoning a property or being evicted
- increase their ability to manage a healthy tenancy.
- Some tenants have multiple and complex needs, which can increase the likelihood of tenancy related difficulties.
Issues include unmanaged mental health, domestic abuse, financial hardship and social isolation.
- The team supported 181 residents in 2020/21.
69% of tenants the specialist support team supported were referred to a range of partner agencies. Referrals were made to Adult & Children social services, Change Grow Live, Money Advice, Leeway, Wonder Plus, Autism Anglia and Equal Lives.
- 92% of tenants supported in 2020-21 had rent payment plans in place and reduced rent arrears when work with the specialist support team ended.
- The majority of council services, including non-emergency repairs, can be accessed through simple forms on our website
- Visit www.norwich.gov.uk/councilhomes to access information relevant to council tenants and leaseholders.
- All tenants can sign up for their own personal customer account to:
- Keep track of rent payments
- Report issues quickly
- Avoid having to repeat basic information each time they contact the council